In this episode, Jonno’s feature topic is human-centred public consultation and how it might affect the humanisation of the public consultation process. We also have our shout out, the tool of the month, and a new segment: the stat of the month (an homage to Stato). Plus, in the absence of a special guest, Wilson the tortoise makes his (or her) debut.
This episode will cover human-centred public consultation, a shout out to the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, and much more!
- Feature Topic. What can we learn from human-centred design? What are your thoughts on applying concepts like direct engagement, context of use, and evaluation to the design of consultation projects? Do participant personas have more of a role to play? And much, much, more.
- Shout Out Hammersmith and Fulham and their new(ish) site Have Your Say has a great call to action and an excellent explanation for why people should register.
- Special Guest. In the absence of a special guest, Wilson the tortoise stands in. Please let us know if you would like to be our special guest in a future episode by emailing us at email@example.com
- Tool of the month. Kingston Council’s use of the ideas tool in their project focusing on community parks. Great job Kingston Upon Thames council!
- Stat of the month. A new segment where we’ll highlight an impressive stat, in homage to Stato.
Jonno goes through a range of emotions about the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities consultation campaign that makes some big promises about public engagement, but (so far) fails to go beyond a survey. #NotAnotherSurvey
All this in one episode! Grab a cake and a coffee and take your time with this bumper episode of public consultation goodness.
Duration: 22 min