THE UK CONSULT | Episode 32: starring Kevin Rye, Founder, The Fan Index, and a caring fan engagement guru! Special Episode: The European Super League, Did They Ask the Fans?
Welcome to the UK Consult, our occasional ramble through all things about public consultation and citizen engagement in the UK, with special guests and lovely examples of online public consultation from around the world!
The European Super League debacle has placed fan engagement, rightly so, into the spotlight. In this episode, Jonno hears about the most recent release of the Fan Engagement Index from Kevin Rye of Think Fan Engagement before hearing about how fan engagement definitely DID NOT feature in the decision of “the big six.”
Join Kevin and Jonno as they discuss some big topics around fan engagement and consider the crossover between fan engagement, stakeholder engagement, public consultation, and community engagement. There are many lessons to be shared!
Main Topics and Key Questions
- The Fan Engagement Index
- Where does the idea come from?
- How does it work?
- What did it tell us this year?
- What are the differences between those at the top and those at the bottom? What do they do differently that others can learn from?
- Fan Engagement and The European Super League
- What went wrong? Was there any fan engagement? Any consultation?
- How could it have been different? What would a good approach have looked like?
- Is this the tipping point for fan engagement in football?
Duration: 37 mins