We’re always working hard to continuously improve EngagementHQ. Follow this page to keep up with our latest product updates and feature releases.
EngagementHQ now allows you to control the way automatic email notifications appear when a new participant registers or makes contributions to your site.
There are two options available to help you manage these notifications;
- Let EngagementHQ manage this for you (recommended)
- Customise your email notifications using HTML (advanced)
Below we describe how each option can benefit you and your online engagement activities.
Let EngagementHQ handle notifications for you
The easiest way to manage notifications from your EngagementHQ as it instructs our system to take care of it for you.
We highly recommend this option for most users as this is the fastest and most reliable way to send email notifications.
Our auto-managed email notifications have also been designed and tested to help drive engagement with your projects by including relevant upcoming and related projects.
Using a combination of project tags, upcoming key dates, participant followed projects and last updated projects our system will automatically recommend your participants the most suitable projects.
Letting EngagementHQ handle all of your email notifications includes;
- Complete registration instructions
- Password reset information
- Moderation emails
- Contribution notifications (when a participant leaves a comment, reply, new idea, pin etc..)
Below is an example of a notification email received by a participant as a record of their contribution on a forum.
Activating EngagementHQ Notifications
To enable this option, follow the instructions below.
- Click on the Site link in the top navigation bar of EngagementHQ. Then from the drop-down menu select Text and Emails.
- Click the checkbox to allow EngagementHQ to manage email notifications for you.
With this option selected you can also customise a few lines of welcome text within the emails to help you personalise the auto generated email sent during the registration process. To do this;
- Select the dropdown list to reveal the custom message editors for Activation Email and Complete registration instructions.
- Type the custom welcome message you want to appear in these emails and click save.
- You can also preview your message by clicking on the Preview Email link. Make sure you save your edits before previewing them.
The custom welcome text you enter will appear after the salutation as shown in the image below.
- EngagementHQ notification emails will search through your brand colours for the best contrasted solid colour to work with white text. This will appear in the banner of our emails and also apply to text highlights. If you would like to change the colour of your emails then you will need to change your brand colours or instead use the custom email notification options (outlined below).
- The templates for each notification are automatically created by the system and only the text can be modified.
- Emails will automatically generate variable information such as the name of your organisation and site, the project title, your email address and the users name and pre-populate these into your emails.