Children, youth and young adults are directly impacted by the decisions we make now and should be considered in all forms of community engagement.
Logan City Council, in partnership with Logan Together and The Salvation Army Communities for Children Facilitating Partner, developed Listen 2 Connect, a guideline to enable meaningful engagement with children, youth and young adults (birth to 25 years) in the City of Logan. This guideline aims to provide project officers and decision makers with the tools and knowledge necessary for meaningful community engagement with children, youth and young adults in the City of Logan.
Hear from Erin Searle, Senior Community and Stakeholder Engagement Advisor at Logan City Council, on how Logan City Council approached the development of Listen 2 Connect and its use within Council and community.
Highly recommended for community engagement and communications officers to hear about how to ensure views and experiences of children, youth and young adults are considered in decision-making processes.
What you’ll learn:
• Importance of engaging with children, youth and young adults
• How Logan is using technology to engage with young people
• How to get the organisation and partners on board to increase the profile of engaging with young people
• How to empower staff and build their capacity to better engage with young people
• Key areas to consider when developing engagement plans on how, where and when to engage
• Tips on how you can promote and deliver best practice youth engagement for your projects
Duration: 81 mins