- Identify key elements for internal engagement and participation.
- Deep dive into the Parker experience for Let’s Talk Parker.
- Tease out key takeaways from the Parker process and priorities for duplication of success (even if circumstances differ).
- Determine the steps necessary to go from guiding principles to policy adoption; producing the documentation your organization needs, at the right time.
- Identify the ongoing roles and responsibilities required for continued success; unexpected challenges and strategies to keep moving things forward.
The Let’s Talk Parker site was mentioned throughout the discussion with emphasis on the Welcome message and video and support from Parker’s Town Manager, Michelle Kivela. Some of the key projects identified include Fact or Fiction which works to dispel myth and rumor in the community. Residents are encouraged to fact check here and report back to their own communication channels. My Mainstreet was Parker’s first project and is now active in implementation stage. Police use of the site was also highlighted throughout our discussion; you can view the monthly traffic map hosted by the department that allows for community concerns to be posted and response identified as follow-up.