August 14th is ELGL #CityHallSelfie day and Bang the Table is proud to be a sponsor for this year’s event.
We are counting down the days to see all of your smiling faces for City Hall Selfie Day!
So what’s the hype behind this selfie filled day? It’s in celebration of local government and gives you the opportunity to get out in the community and show off your best camera phone skills while showcasing your local government buildings.
People are taking part in this holiday globally by photographing themselves in front of their city hall or local government building and then posting their photos to social media using hashtag #cityhallselfie!
To make it even more fun, ELGL will be reviewing all of the tagged photos and awarding people for a variety of different categories from “most creative” to “most selfies taken by one person.” Not only will award winners receive a trophy, but Bang the Table will be awarding selfie sticks to winners as well!
See a full list of the categories below:
- Best #CityHallSelfie of the Day
- Most Creative #CityHallSelfie
- State with the Most #CityHallSelfies
- Best Dressed #CityHallSelfie
- Best Hat in a #CityHallSelfie
- Best #CityHallSelfie Photography
- Most People in the #CityHallSelfie
- Best Use of #CityHallSelfie Props
- #CityHallSelfie With the Most Famous Person
- Funniest #CityHallSelfie
- Most Historic #CityHallSelfie
- Best #CityHallSelfie Lighting
- Most Selfies Taken by One Person on #CityHallSelfie Day
- #CityHallSelfie From the City with the Largest Population
- #CityHallSelfie From the City with the Smallest Population
- Best #CityHallSelfie by a Newspaper/TV Reporter
- Best #CityHallSelfie by a Citizen
- Best Promotion of #CityHallSelfie by a Government Entity
- Best Promotion of #CityHallSelfie by a Non-Government Entity
- Best #CityHallSelfie Day Wrap Up Video
- Members Choice Award: #CityHallSelfie Excellence
As you get started with your own photo endeavors in preparation for the big day, you can draw inspiration from all of last year’s winners. ELGL has also provided an exquisite guide to taking your best city hall selfie. Don’t forget to follow @cityhallselfie on twitter to stay in the know and use hashtag #cityhallselfie when you post your photos on August 14, 2020
DOWNLOAD the tip sheet to share with your team.